Technological Case Studies
Oracle Data Integrator Case Study
A global multi-billion dollar manufacturer of retail goods had a contracts process running on an AS400 legacy system. The process pulled contract information from the source system and populated a contract fact table. The contract fact table in the ODS then populated the Client’s GDW, and the process completed with “renewal” reporting.
Three of their largest markets had been migrated from their legacy system over to their new Oracle EBS Service Contracts system, leaving approximately 70 additional markets to migrate. Unfortunately, the legacy contracts process that fed the GDW was not in place for the new system’s contracts, so as markets migrated, their GDW information became invalid.
- Integrate contracts from both the new and legacy source systems in the ODS table that feeds the GDW
- Ensure that the GDW picks up the new contracts, modifying code as necessary
- Standardize the processes and infrastructure on current standards applied across all new development, applying to both the new and legacy contract processes
- Execute the project while minimizing the impact to in-house staff, who were working at capacity with little time to dedicate to our project
Each of the scope items were performed and delivered in accordance with the developed and agreed-upon design documents. In completing the project, Aptude took the following steps:
- 1. Analyzed the existing system and documented the requirements to:
- Reorganize specified tables within the data layers, meeting current standards
- Modify the legacy system as needed to meet current standards and centralize common processes
- Combine new contracts with the legacy contracts in the Tier 2 ODS contract fact table
- 2. Reorganized the contract tables within the data layers to meet current standards.
- 3. Extracted common processes from the legacy system and place them in the process where they can be leveraged for both legacy and new contract processing.
- 4. Updated current legacy system artifacts to reflect changes in the process.
- 5. Developed interfaces to move data from the legacy source system to the Atomic data layer as well as combining that contract data with the legacy contract data in the Tier 2 ODS fact table.
Oracle Data Integrator 11g
View a downloadable version of this ODI Case Study.
Learn about Aptude’s ODI Consulting Services!
Some of our Clients Include…
Gain Time, Increase Currency, Contact Us
It’s amazing how one quick email can change your life. Give us a shout! We’ll get back to you right away with the right person for what you’re looking to accomplish.
What our clients are saying…
Aptude provides onsite and offshore Oracle DBA support, which includes troubleshooting, back-up, recovery, migration, upgrades, and daily maintenance of Oracle database servers. Aptude has been working with our team for the past four years and we continue to use them and are satisfied with their work
Aptude provided Build.com a Java, MySQL, Webservices and other UI based solution in the business domain of analyzing and reporting on user activities for our ecommerce website. Utilizing Omniture’s APIs to download, parse, and regenerate and upload back so that we could be more effective in our marketing. I was satisfied with their project work and delivery and would consider utilizing them for future projects.” Build.com
Aptude provided us with Oracle DBA migration support, including an upgrade from Oracle 11.1 to Oracle 11.2, and the project was completed on time and to specifications. The project manager and project consultants were responsive and proactive, resulting in a successful conclusion to the work. I would definitely contract with them again, and have recommended them to other technical offices at the University of Georgia.
Thank you for the hard work your team has put forth to staff the contract positions at Wolters Kluwer. Aptude has consistently scored high in our supplier carding and even more important you are a vendor we can always trust. I am especially impressed with your ability to tackle our positions that other vendors have not been able to fill.