Technological Case Studies
Business Intelligence Case Study – OBIEE
A global, multi-billion dollar manufacturer of retail goods needed an Executive Dashboard to provide information on Global Strategic Planning, Corporate Marketing, Distributor Compensation and Sales.
- Leverage data from from the Global Data Warehouse, Finance Hyperion and Survey Capture
- Leverage the CSV file populated by client’s IT department, create a new Scorecard Metric Fact Table and expose the data for ad-hoc reporting and existing Time, Exchange, Currency, and Geography BI dimenions
- Based on the current MS Excel template, produce:
- a Global Strategic Planning scorecard that is accessible through the current standard portal for reporting
- a Corporate Marketing scorecard that is accessible through the current standard portal for reporting
- a Distributor Compensation & Sales scorecard that is accessible through the current standard portal for reporting
- Created a new Scorecard Metric Fact table in the GDW, along with processes to populate the table with data from a CSV file created by IT. This was developed as a repeatable process.
- Defined and implemented a process for annotating the scorecards with user provided information. The users provided information and we included all the other metric data in the CSV file.
- Exposed the data in the new GDW to the business for ad-hoc reporting purposes.
- Leveraged the new Scorecard Metric Fact table to produce executive scorecards.
- Implemented the new development into production and supported the product for the first three weeks after the roll out.
Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE)
Some of our Clients Include…
Gain Time, Increase Currency, Contact Us
It’s amazing how one quick email can change your life. Give us a shout! We’ll get back to you right away with the right person for what you’re looking to accomplish.
What our clients are saying…
Aptude provides onsite and offshore Oracle DBA support, which includes troubleshooting, back-up, recovery, migration, upgrades, and daily maintenance of Oracle database servers. Aptude has been working with our team for the past four years and we continue to use them and are satisfied with their work
Aptude provided Build.com a Java, MySQL, Webservices and other UI based solution in the business domain of analyzing and reporting on user activities for our ecommerce website. Utilizing Omniture’s APIs to download, parse, and regenerate and upload back so that we could be more effective in our marketing. I was satisfied with their project work and delivery and would consider utilizing them for future projects.” Build.com
Aptude provided us with Oracle DBA migration support, including an upgrade from Oracle 11.1 to Oracle 11.2, and the project was completed on time and to specifications. The project manager and project consultants were responsive and proactive, resulting in a successful conclusion to the work. I would definitely contract with them again, and have recommended them to other technical offices at the University of Georgia.
Thank you for the hard work your team has put forth to staff the contract positions at Wolters Kluwer. Aptude has consistently scored high in our supplier carding and even more important you are a vendor we can always trust. I am especially impressed with your ability to tackle our positions that other vendors have not been able to fill.