.NET Case Study – Transportation Industry
Aptude built a robust data warehouse application that allowed access to a new enterprise system
A facility that stores and repairs equipment for some of the largest steamship companies in the world needed to save critical time in the repair estimating process in hopes to increase labor efficiencies, provided immediacy and better customer satisfaction. This in turn would lead to higher sales and a reduction of expenses.
A steamship equipment depot management facility that stores and repairs equipment for some of the largest steamship companies in the world had the following challenges:
- Sharing information among its multiple facilities.
- Providing customers with timely and credible repair estimates.
- Providing timely and accurate information to their customers regarding their equipment.
- Providing customers with an interface that would allow them to view equipment activity, approve repairs and create bookings.
- Providing customers data that can be integrated into their own systems and applications.
Working together with our client, Aptude built a robust data warehouse application that allowed the depot’s customers to access the new enterprise system via a secure Internet connection.
- Gate activity (storage) was captured in real-time using a hand-held device with images that updated a live database via a 802.11 b connection.
- Repair estimates were also generated on the hand-held unit as intermodal equipment came into the depot. The repair estimates were also sent to the database via an 802.11 connection. Once the repair was stored in the database, a scheduled job would electronically notify the depot’s client that a repair estimate was created for a particular unit and an approval or disapproval action was needed. With password authority to view the repair estimate and the images related to the repair, the depot’s client could then approve or disapprove the repair estimate.
The new hand-held/repair piece can potentially save days in the repair estimating process. Furthermore, the new application sends hourly data feeds to its customers in the format they require. This is truly a business-to-business application that has increased labor efficiencies, provided immediacy and increased customer satisfaction.
Profit Improvement Benefits
Repair estimates that are more credible, accurate and timely lead to more repair approvals which led to higher sales. Reducing labor resources via the hand-held, online reports and business to business transactions reduces our client’s expenses.
How Aptude Can Help
Are you open to saving money on your next .NET project by using qualified nearshore resources in Mexico City?
If so, we have a growing Center of Excellence in Mexico City we can leverage to help you affordably get project work done not just in .NET, but in a range of technologies and solutions including:
• Python, .NET, and SQL
• Data Science
• Business Intelligence and Dashboarding
• Microsoft PowerBI
• O365, SharePoint, and Microsoft Project
• Microsoft Migrations or Support
• Full Stack Development
• SAP, EDI, and Database Help
• ITSM / Service Desk / Legacy Application Support
It’s all thanks to our proprietary Aptude Flex Project Success Model and our highly qualified technology staff. Click here to learn more about how our process saves you time and money over traditional time and materials, or fill out the form to get our premiere .NET infokit and request a follow-up from the team.