3PL Mobile Tracking Solution
Our client, a large Transportation and Logistics company, needed a tracking solution that would run on any smart phone leveraging either iOS or Android.
The solution requirements included delivering real-time, verifiable information on every load brokered to 3rd party carriers. The solution must track freight in an automated fashion that would allow our client, their drivers and carriers the ability to do their job better.
THE SYSTEM NEEDED THESE CAPABILITIES:
- Driver Interface – Mobile application that allows the driver the ability to download the app to his iPhone/android. The mobile application will facilitate communication among the driver, carrier and our client. The Driver Interface allows guides the driver through load workflow, providing information back to the carrier.
- Real Time Load Tracking – The system should never stop providing real time status updates on loads as they near pick-up and destinations. Single and multi-stop shipments are continually monitored thereby providing validated location updates needed to manage their supply chain.
- Automated Pick-Up and Departure Confirmations – The solution utilizes geo-fencing for shipment origins and destinations. Automated prompts for the driver makes it easy to stay on top of updates of arrival or departure.
- Event Status Updates – The system allows for critical updates to our client and carriers. Furthermore, additional documentations such as inbound/outbound related information and documentation.
- Better visibility for both our client and their carriers into shipment details including arrivals, departures, etc.
- Better visibility for the end client who is receiving the shipment
- Improved dispatch management of driver’s schedule
- Improved client satisfaction for the end client who is utilizing our client for delivery
- Better visibility into Carrier performance and Ramp/Railroad detention delays
- Carrier accountability
Keep Moving Forward with Aptude
Aptude is your own personal IT professional services firm. We provide our clients with first class resources in a continuous, cost-containment fashion.
Our support services will free up your senior IT staff from the overwhelming burden of day-to-day maintenance issues. Now they’ll have time to launch those new projects and applications you’ve been waiting for. Simply put, we can free up your resources and contain your costs. Let’s have a quick chat to discuss our exclusive services.
What Are You Working On?
Looking for intelligent technological solutions? Seeking consultation on your upcoming projects? Need a quote for services? Contact Aptude’s executive team directly. It’s amazing just how much one little email can rapidly accelerate your productivity.
Some of our Clients Include…
Gain Time, Increase Currency, Contact Us
It’s amazing how one quick email can change your life. Give us a shout! We’ll get back to you right away with the right person for what you’re looking to accomplish.
What our clients are saying…
Aptude provides onsite and offshore Oracle DBA support, which includes troubleshooting, back-up, recovery, migration, upgrades, and daily maintenance of Oracle database servers. Aptude has been working with our team for the past four years and we continue to use them and are satisfied with their work
Aptude provided Build.com a Java, MySQL, Webservices and other UI based solution in the business domain of analyzing and reporting on user activities for our ecommerce website. Utilizing Omniture’s APIs to download, parse, and regenerate and upload back so that we could be more effective in our marketing. I was satisfied with their project work and delivery and would consider utilizing them for future projects.” Build.com
Aptude provided us with Oracle DBA migration support, including an upgrade from Oracle 11.1 to Oracle 11.2, and the project was completed on time and to specifications. The project manager and project consultants were responsive and proactive, resulting in a successful conclusion to the work. I would definitely contract with them again, and have recommended them to other technical offices at the University of Georgia.
Thank you for the hard work your team has put forth to staff the contract positions at Wolters Kluwer. Aptude has consistently scored high in our supplier carding and even more important you are a vendor we can always trust. I am especially impressed with your ability to tackle our positions that other vendors have not been able to fill.