In 2016 FreighWaves was founded and built to help shippers, carriers, financial traders, and 3PLs and support market analysts with freight updates, showing the unpredictability of the market and posted maps on the changing weather patterns.
- Craig recruited a team of industry experts and wanted their mission to focus on freight research and international news.
- He wanted to help solve difficult transportation problems. His robust tracking data analytics dashboard with groundbreaking industry news was quickly developed as he paved the way for SONAR’s 5.0’s Rate Predictor and new market tools for brokers, shippers, and owner-operators.
A Successful Trucking Empire
Craig Fuller the Founder, CEO and industry entrepreneur had big plans for his new company. The platform was a media multinational success that included a freight stock sector and trucking stock index network.
- FreightWaves became the largest freight new provider, an international organization and a global sensation helping the freight industry with a financial platform for commentary, near-time analytics on the condition of the freight market.
- On February 19, 2019, Yahoo Finances announces the launch of FreightWaves Radio a Sirius XM Radio Show in addition to their already “What the Truck?!” podcast.
The website has lots of great educational content from webinars, white papers, infographics to market activity, industry events with resources and articles for the freight sector.
- Users can apply to trade trucking freight futures contracts, the first-ever trade exchange site for carriers, shippers, 3PLs and financial market analysts.
About Blockchain in Transport Alliance
In August 2017 Craig Fuller started Blockchain in Transport Alliance called BITA and quickly grew into a powerful commercial blockchain coalition.
- A 500+ member-driven organization that covers 25 countries and generates more than $1 trillion in revenue annually. Members get exclusive access to premium content and white papers, regular member-only webinars, podcasts from industry experts.
- An advocacy group to help educate, advocate and establish global standards for blockchain applications in the transportation industry.
- Members are primarily from the logistics, freight, supply chain, market forecasters, financial and transportation sector, fleet operators and industry professionals.
- Global headquarters in Chattanooga, Tennessee – mission to educate and drive the adoption of emerging technology.
Growth for FreightWaves
FreightWaves privately held and has around 200 employees with 16 investors and an estimated annual revenue of $2M. Currently, the company received funding of around $20M and is expected to triple in size.
Its online platform provides new articles, freight data, analytics and market expertise about the freight sector. It’s the No. 1 logistics new site worldwide and the top-ranked, fastest-growing start-up.
- When Craig launched his company, it shook up the freight industry – giving a new perspective in transportation.
- Data providers on the platform present indices such as Truckload Carrier Association that would supply benchmarking indices for asset-based truckload carriers, DAT for daily van freight rate indices, and ACT Research for commercial vehicle truck data.
- Data is sourced from private, associations and government with analysis of present freight market visibility.
Recently, the company launched a streaming app for live and on-demand freight news for mobile, tablet and at-home TV devices.
Available on iPhone, Apple TV, Fire TV, Android and Android TV and offers live-streamed programs and users have full access to the entire library of digital content and videos are available to download. The platform reports on international news covering Asia-Pacific, Canada, Europe.
- Craig is the brains behind the company and has an expert team behind him that makes this a truly fascinating company and the biggest player in the industry that dominated the freight sector.
- Headquartered in Chattanooga and called “the transportation town” when it began back in 2016, where he ran things differently and thought differently.
- Craig had years of experience and was well connected in the freight industry.
- The platform provided commentary and content about the ups and downs in the transportation market.
FreightWaves’ Chief Analytics Office, Dean Croke is quoted as saying “SONAR is one of the most innovative technologies to ever hit the freight market and for the first time, gives fleets and owner-operators a near term view of the freight market around them”.
- The SONAR platform, the forecasting online tool is a multi-modal freight market intelligence prediction platform with a comprehensive dashboard.
- Collects and aggravates billions of data points from hundreds of sources, for the fastest and most accurate data in the transportation and logistics industry.
Media and Financial Market Data Company
SONAR is the first and only intuitive market data analytics tool with charts, seasonality graphs, maps and weather data.
- Data is sourced on road surface conditions, road temperature, wind speeds, 48-hour forecasts, and freight move movements that include daily storms, tropical hurricanes and up-to-the-minute alerts across the globe.
- SONAR’s Knowledge Center gives carriers, shippers, 3PLs and financial market analysts market index categories with real-time weather movement across the nation and data is then classified into easy to understand data of proprietary time-series market indices.
FreightWaves Hits Media Outlets
FreightWaves has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, CNBC Exclusive, Business Insider, Wired, Financial Time JOC.com and Trucks.com.
- Craig appeared on freight podcasts talking about market activity and the future of FreightWaves, including having his own podcast called FreightWaves Morning Minute.
The company retains 40 reporters from across the globe, produces 10 podcasts and has launched the first streaming TV network dedicated to freight. Companies can now trade with certainty and assurance when they sign up for DAT analytics.
- DAT Analytics has largest freight rates database and North America’s on the go demand freight exchange for carriers, freight brokers and shippers.
- The site has a DAT blog, DAT broker benchmarking, statistical analysis and where 2020 freight rates are headed including industry trends.