5 Examples of Real-Life Situations where Robotic Process Automation is most helpful
Customer Order Processing
- RPA robots work behind the scenes and verify any duplicates orders to ensure accuracy and work in a non-intrusive way and expedite complex workflows.
- Extracts order and customer profile data from multiple systems, re-checks billing, shipping and automating predictable and repeatable steps.
- Robots check for loopholes, searching for problems, reduced errors and helps in non-standard data, purchase orders, and manual processing.
- Cuts down order processing time from 20 minutes to a few seconds per order.
- First defining the order process, administrative duties can be assigned to the robot for automation. Bots can easily accommodate multitasking processing.
- No manual input required and 24/7 cycle times, means high productivity and efficiency.
- RPA offers a high return on investment, faster processing, reduced staff, and costs, improves data and control over the whole process.
- Eliminates all manual entry time and automates each step end-to-end. Bots create a streamline automation process for customer information requests and can send update responses. Pulls data from CSV, Excel and thousands of orders and automates order receipts and removes manual key data entry.
- Segments thousands of emails into groups and responses. Can direct bots and high priority emails handled by staff with account information and analytics.
- Quicker responses = customer satisfaction.
- Help desk requests from new users or hardware problems can be intercepted fast and remove the workload off IT helpdesk specialists.
- Eliminates paperwork, printing emails, monitor emails and has a drag and drop technology and free coding capabilities. Team has better control over emails and bots offer strategic outcomes, better results on critical emails.
- Generates automatic customer reports every week with customer numbers and actions that need to take place to stakeholders. Sends updates to key staff and representatives in the field.
Web Site Scraping
- Collects site data and scraps websites, web pages at high speed from media sites, stock trading websites based on keywords and summarizing data.
- Staff can create customized scraping, automate batch data and can gather social media profile data with fast set up, easy to understand processing.
- Improves better decision making, tailor complex use cases of multiple page scrapes and filters and transforms data into easily digestible information.
- Screen scraping captures bitmap data that can cross-check against gathered data.
- Plug and play format suitable for non-tech based teams and extracting data is easy, fast and can solve business data needs.
- Easy to implement and bots performing actions at exceptional speed and accuracy.
- Manual payroll activities can be programmed for a variety of scenarios.
- HR functions and documentation tools can be simplified and prepared for digitization.
- The payroll lifecycle, data collection, and time-consuming tasks can be streamlined and can integrate disparate systems so information is updated into a standardized format.
- Data Access between Payroll and Finance can share information easier with a single source of truth by having a single database within the global payroll framework.
- Expense Reports, Benefits, Taxation and Data Validation process can be automated and employees can create regulatory payroll standards that are digital, automated and easy to process with triggered alerts.
- Simplifies bonuses, holiday pay, compliance, tax, payroll deductions and calculations with easy, secure accessibility.
- Data transfer, disbursal, pay slips, schedules, and workflows have repetitive actions and can be set to allow for automation.
Call Center Operational Processing
- Client profile data and comparing eligibility requirements, pricing and policies can be set up with automated tasks.
- Reporting problems, updates on job knowledge, product descriptions, educational and verifying information processes that are normally manual are computerized into automated steps.
- Automated responses can be generated and triggers set with shorter average call duration. Incorporates all necessary data into one screen and adding an intuitive approach.
- Reduced error, improved communication, and automated data integration, workflows and reduced steps.
- Auto fills data instead of copy-paste methods. Establishes templates and keeps track of problems without having to monitor all applications and data can be loaded in a single click.
Benefits of RPA and the impact of ROI
- RPA increases employee high-level productivity.
- Leaner business operations by automating manual processes.
- Eliminates human error, creates precise workflows, advanced compliance.
- High-level customer service increased productivity throughout the company.
- Employees can get more done in less time and focus on critical projects.
- Reduced operational costs and overall cost savings.
Businesses that have a forward-thinking strategy and implement an RPA solution application have numerous advantages from resolving problems faster, reducing business errors, enhancing website scraping to efficient shipping and operations.
- A study through Forester Consulting on the impact of RPA on employee engagement and experience shows that 87% of increased efficiency.
- 67% have deeper insights into customer service and employees are engaged and happy. Implementing RPA technology will result in employee retention, loyalty, trust and confidence within stakeholders.
Measuring employee engagement and the organization’s effectiveness is directly tied to finding new ways to keep and influence employees. Simplify steps; remove manual administrative work by automating processes and adding the most scalable RPA platform.
A leader that can develop the right mix of digital processes and add automation tools, can enhance employee work-life dramatically. Executives are under extreme pressure to constantly improve business operations, reduce workflow, digitize processes, simplify tasks and add digital transformation tools result in higher productivity and reduced employee stress and reduced churn rates.
- RPA solutions can remove manual errors, automate repeatable and boring tasks and improve department morale by creating a steady growth in improved workflows.
- RPA can gather social media profile data and analytics, quickly process time-consuming work and automate customer-facing with new and enhanced processes.
Many people when they hear Robotics Process Automation (RBA) may cringe at the idea of adding another automation solution tool that promises to do everything quickly and in half the time. It is no surprise that many companies big and small are still trying to meet today’s challenges as they struggle to understand modern technologies and prepare for the future.
- RPA is growing fast and will soon reach $3.97 billion by 2025.
- Combining AL and RPA is a powerful application that improves workflows.
- RPA is a cloud-based architected software that helps to drive the highest ROI with increase profitability, improvement in customer and employee experience and drives continuous improvement by automating administrative processes.
Automation Platform Advantages
- Increases operational efficiencies
- Drives business productivity
- Improves employee performance
- And can be easily implemented with robotic process automation.
Businesses are hesitant to invest since they lack technical understanding in digital technology and finding tools that are best for their workplace environment is overwhelming, but the benefits outweigh the concerns. Organizations in the United States are spending enormous amounts of money to modernize IT infrastructures, update existing technology and digitize business processes.
Executives are driving IT Automation Engineers and Technical Specialist to the breaking point and are overloaded with other high-level network development projects. Bringing in experts, interviewing vendors and documenting all manual processes will ensure a successful rollout.
Incorporating automation cloud-based technology and data-analytical applications to replace manual work processes that can replicate human-driven manual work into easy to use automated outcomes is a smart choice. Automating time-consuming tasks has become the new focus and norm at US-based organizations.
- RPA-powered processes are intuitive and use visual drag and drop tools for non-technical team leaders with limited zero programming skills.
- RPA can pull data from numerous locations from spreadsheets, websites and even legacy applications.
Jim Lundy, CEO and Lead Analyst at Aragon Research spoke recently about his experience with an RPA vendor.
“Nintex is providing enterprises with a completely digital business platform that can handle everything from workflow and content automation to digital transaction management to the last mile of automation with RPA. Nintex has transformed from its roots in workflow automation to becoming one of the most complete process platforms on the market today”.
Simple steps to get started with RPA
- Research RPA vendors and try various RPA software
- Take advantage of demonstrations, trial versions
- Experiment with more than one RPA technology (e.g. UniPath, Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism)
- Understand which processes within your organization need automated processing
- Review RPA Freelancers and Full-Stack Web Developers on Upwork
- Hire a US-based Certified RPA Web Develop
- Add a Solution Architect /Programmer – Extremely knowledgeable in Bot development. Data extraction expert and web scraping
- Team Leads need to – Understand data mining, data cleansing, and robotic process automation. RPA Specialist with 5+ years of IT experience, hands-on RPA projects with fortune 500 companies in banking is a plus and end-to-end web solutions.
- Hire a highly experienced programmer in automation, project planning, qualitative analysis, data analytics, and Agile project management
- Hire an RPA Strategist to assist in your next RPA project and leverage robotic process strategies and leading software tools, apps and clean up data before importing.
- Set milestones so your team is delivering ahead of schedule.
- Ask for references and prior success stories of past projects with high profile customers
- Finding the right mix of emerging automated tools and hiring experts is beneficial.
Bridging old networks, systems, and new technology has transcended into an everyday concern for businesses, with so many new products to choose from that guarantee optimal results.
- AI applications, productivity apps for process improvement and digitization options to increase business performance.
- It’s no wonder companies are outsourcing parts of their business to try to get ahead of the game.
As businesses implement a data-driven strategy and clean up their data for 2020, companies are adding business process outsourcing as part of their data strategy.
- Hiring RPA experts to handle certain tasks can reduce costs, improves the bottom line and helps teams to operate more efficiently.
- Even though RPA is expensive, using RPA consulting experts is a great option for companies offering out-of-the-box automation software application solutions; giving teams need more guidance and control over automating labor-intensive processes that in turn, help companies adapt to the changing industry.
- Go slow, ask questions, document your processes in each department, hire group leaders to compile data and get references from RPA vendors.
- Target has outsourced its web presence and others use outsourcing for various business functions such as payroll processing, claims processing, operational and non-core functions, and call center activities, which are manual and have a human element of processing.
RPA technology is the perfect solution to track and monitor all manual routine tasks that can be set up easily, implemented quickly into automated processes that have immense potential to improve employee loyalty, work-life and business operations.
- RPA vendors help to improve operations with state of the art technology that helps save companies with repetitive manual work.
- Software vendors are helping to empower businesses with end-to-end process automation for all their existing IT infrastructures to transforming business environments.
- The benefits of RPA is suited for high volume, repetitive processes, manual entry of transactions, routine invoice processing, sales orders, forms processing, management of payroll, ERP data collection, and faster data recording.
- RPA applications help to promote clarity across interdepartmental operations, performance improvement, and human error reduction.
Simplifying administrative and time-consuming processes is a necessary evil and each department has its challenges.
Each area of the company has numerous manual processes that need human interaction to complete certain operations. Employees report their day is filled with spending time on low-level manual work. Robotic Process Automation is well-suited for repeatable operations and quickly processing and automating steps that result in customer satisfaction and employee reliability.