Out of the Box Features
Simplicity Is the Main Appeal for Attracting a Large CF Developer Community
- Simplified data retrieval from enterprise systems
- Such as Active Directory, LDAP, SMTP
- POP, HTTP, FTP
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Common data formats, such as RSS and Atom
- Simplified file manipulation
- Such as Raster Graphics (and CAPTCHA)
- Zip archives (Video Manipulation)
- Uncomplicated, easy database access
- With client and server cache management.
- Distributed cache (NEW)
- Improves overall performance and enhance scalability with built-in support for —
ColdFusion Prolonged Success
- Client-Side code generation
- Particularly with widgets and validation.
- Server clustering, task scheduling
- Simplified Web Service Implementation
- With Automated WSDL Generation
- Transparent Soap Handling
- For creating and consuming services
- Implementations of CRML offer similar or enhanced functionality
- Like running a .NET environment
- Image manipulation
Applications where ColdFusion Excels
- Plays to a role in building data-driven websites
- Programmers run their internet using ColdFusion
- Utilized to generate remote services or Flash remoting
- Mobile – Streamlined Mobile Application Development
- Revamped and New PDF Functionalities
- Enabling Enterprise to integrate with social media streams easily
- Enterprise mobility supports responsive multi-screen content
- Digital Marketing, Web, Social Analytics
- Customizable Enterprise Video Portal
ColdFusion is the preferred programming language by developers due to the scalability of the platform. Many people say it’s a dying program, but that is far from the truth with Adobe ultimately supporting and releasing and improving – we believe this programming language will be around for another 25 years and beyond.
Adobe is developing and adding enhancing features with every new release making it even better than before. Adobe completely supports the CF program, and every release is dynamically changing.
Do You Hire a CF Agency or a Freelance Developer?
CF is going nowhere anytime soon with the efficiency and promptness of ColdFusion Markup Language; it has never been better.
The question is – Do you hire a ColdFusion IT Software Development Agency, or Do you hire a CF Software Developer?
- 70% of software development projects fail due to poor planning and unrealistic timelines and goals.
- Putting a communication plan in place and creating an IT, Marketing, Project Management, and Financial team.
Things to Consider
- Know what your company project needs and ask your workforce?
- What are some improvements that are required?
- How would it help enhance your company’s brand and online presence?
- Where are some of the page problems that occur online?
- What are the critical and vital things that would improve the website, app, or other online elements?
It’s a personal preference whether you use a freelance developer or hiring an agency. However, an agency with a team of CF coders to support your project with the better response time will be helpful, since your team will have lots of questions. Yet higher fees and long run times could hit your budget fast.
- Customization is also expensive and difficult to manage and build, however knowing what requirements and your objectives will help cut the time the setup time.
- Define and stick to the features you need and want and go slow and start with fewer features and build from there, as you need features – you can always add on.
- Go with an agency that has an excellent reputation and ask them about previous projects they have completed successfully and maybe not so successfully.
Summarizing the Best Enhancements of CF
One of the most significant improvements is now 100% compatible with…
- cfscript completely well-suited with cftag
Full CFSCRIPT Support
- Applications are created faster and more efficiently by accessing all ColdFusion functionality using CFSCRIPT.
- Achieve scalability by creating and managing multiple server instances in a clustered or virtualized environment.
- Send and receive unlimited emails using the built-in, highly scalable email engine.
Web services support
Dynamic and interactive HTML5 charting
CFML-based mobile app development
Object-relational mapping support
PDF manipulation with Document Description XML (DDX)
Improved object-oriented support
- Asynchronous programming (New)
- REST playground (NEW)
Modern admin UI [NEW]
- HTML to PDF conversion
- CLI and Read-Eval-Print Loop (REPL) (NEW)
- Email management
- Standardized PDF metadata
- Multi-site RESTful web services
- Microsoft® Office file interoperability