The Increase of the Amazon Effect – Changing Freight Transportation
Delivering the same day has become commonplace and the impact of Amazon has pushed companies to add more and more technology to try to compete. Customer satisfaction – Logistics transportation companies need to provide excellent on-time delivery, exceed expectations, superior customer service, share your values, be honest and transparent, become an expert and create a sense of community.
Prime Air delivery drone and autonomous drone technology are here and highly advanced combined within behind the scenes technology such as Blockchain, IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence which has given Amazon the power to stay at the top.
Amazon has everything, does everything and improves its delivery commitment to customers and in a simple, easy to order way and promises to have it at your door instantly.
Amazon is designed to safely get packages to customers in 30 minutes or less using unmanned aerial vehicles called drones. Reduced time between orders and delivering packages by independent drivers are done at an amazing speed and highly accurate.
Amazon is a threat to online, retail and even transportation companies because they are ever-changing, evolving and growing to meet customer demands. Customer satisfaction is a top priority and changes are done to meet customer needs and implemented at tremendous speed and efficiency.
Amazon has won multiple awards for addressing problems with customers quickly and with a customer-centric attitude. Amazon has a superior vendor relationship that allows fantastic and same-day delivery and a heavy focus on customer experience.
Logistics customer service is the pulse of transportation and delivering a personalized approach from greeting the client by name to providing exceptional educational content will build loyalty and trust. Superior customer experience and keyword-rich web content to create a smooth seamless experience that drives customer conversion and inspires engagement and loyalty.
Leverage Customer-Focused Logistics Strategy
- Create Tailed-Made Automated Solutions – Shippers, 3PLs and carriers are exploring new tools, technology, and software applications to help with contract negotiations and to improve customer satisfaction. Warehouse managers are finding innovative ways to simplify processes to improve operations and help aid in more streamline management tactics.
- Enhancing Productivity – Shippers can proactively anticipate issues, fix problems quickly, and incorporate a carrier rate management strategy. Build a mentoring program within teams; create programs that support inputs by others, sharing past and positive customer orders and interactions.
- Look For Outsourcing Opportunities – Outsourcing is a good way to lower costs and to outsource some of the more difficult operations to supply partners. It is the fastest and cleverest way to improve. Deeply understanding how your supply chain performs, investing in a transportation management system and conducting a full cost analysis will ensure positive ROI results.
- Build Globally Operational Network – Finding lower production costs at production facilities; many can be found across the globe and overseas. Find innovative ways to decrease overhead. Work directly with third-party companies for reporting, analysis, and conducting transport benchmarking to gain valuable insights will improve customer experience.
Strategic Customer-Centric Thinking
- Build a customer-centric culture, team, website and brand
Develop a client-centric approach and adopting a buyer-driven mindset that satisfies the client’s immediate needs and requirements will set you apart from the competition. Greet clients with a smile and having a polite, professional and courteous attitude.
- Understand how the client searches online and arrange web content with industry keywords
Your audience uses and searches business terms; organizing content in logical categories, themes, topics or subject matter that are placed into a tiered hierarchy of sub-categories creates effective web content.
- Delivering high-quality customer service, coach teams for fast, accurate and relevant data
Engage your audience with conversational style writing that is clear and consistent with your brand. Small changes can have a big impact on providing valuable educational content to help connect with the client and recognizing opportunities for strategic partnerships.
- Maximizes warehouse space can save businesses thousands of dollars
Companies can now offer overnight shipping with ease and create a more competitive edge. Data gathered is displayed as dashboards, graphs, maps, and reports. Incorporating warehouse management technology to manage warehouse operations combined with warehouse automation tools to help streamline manual processes into automated steps.
Logistic companies need to move with the times and think differentially to meet the needs of every client. Logistics managers need to have the ability to see the big picture, continually seek process improvements, be an expert in project management and effectively problem-solve with the ability to process order changes quickly and efficiently.
Building a team that is educated and working with qualified carriers increases positive outcomes. Adding the right smart tools, incorporating green logistics and continuing to improve and evolve will help businesses stay competitive.
Combine Industry Technology and Digital Marketing Tools
- Telematics, Electronic Advancement Devices and GPS Fleet Tracking Systems
- Opening new revenue streams with eBooks, white papers and case studies
- Strengthening your brand with blogs, videos, audio, RSS feeds and podcasts
- 3PLs can be used to gain different types of freight options for shipping items domestically or globally with affordable options that can help provide transparency and improved costs, and delivery times.
- The more you deliver on your promises to your customers and provide perks, the more loyalty, trust, and higher profits.
- Transportation is a service-driven industry and delivering on time and at a good price is at an all-time high and companies who incorporate digitalization and big data is a smart business decision, giving them a competitive edge.
- Consistent and predictable results, delivering on time, providing great customer service, resolving issues fast and communicating well will strengthen customer relationships and build trust and brand recognition.