What You Need to Know – When Choosing a Contract Staffing/IT Consulting Agency
The Must-Have Attributes – To Getting More Business, Partner and Employee Value
Today’s corporations tighten their belts and take a more conservative approach to business from technology development, operations, staffing to IT initiatives. The slump in the economy has certainly made many organizations rethink their corporate goal, and as a result, cost-cutting measures are in order. As the entire organization starts to feel panic – as fear begins to spread throughout the departments and management, and workload per employee has dramatically increased.
Creating value, improving business performance, building growth strategies to maximize solutions, and growing success is critical to business development.
- Uncovering valuable industry alliances and new partnerships from working with a staffing agency to hiring an IT consultant strengthens collaboration, credibility, knowledge and generates resourcefulness within your organization.
- Businesses can benefit from consultancy, realizing new ideas, and producing big wins. Utilizing an agency or IT firm creates a well-structured work environment that operates efficiently.
- Surrounding teams and leadership with data collection, analytical solutions, and reliable talent that is organized, streamlined, well-structured, and standardized.
The weakening economy and low spending and diminished performance are forcing leaders to make quick decisions on “what to do next” on business planning, financial management, and jobs.
Using a staffing or IT consulting agency and hiring contractors, employers can save up to 40% on labor costs and not have to pay taxes to the service provider, freelancer, and contractor.
- Many organizations will get leadership to focus on the “low-hanging fruit” by first doing the easiest tasks.
- A business metaphor for doing the simplest/trouble-free work where targets can be met faster.
- A quick fix that produces results/positive, long-lasting answers to repeat problems.
- Targeting easy to achieve services, products, or up-skill employee abilities, professional development, or offering new customer solutions that encourage easier buying are tactics used by executives.
- Leadership uses the low-hanging fruit as a strategy to accomplish results fast.
- Low-Hanging Fruit – moves the more difficult tasks on the back burner; however, it’s sometimes harder to accomplish in the long run.
Chief Technical Offers (CTO) are overburdened by all the project management IT program needs and are overtaxed trying to manage all the developers and chief technicians. These IT professional agencies offer time-sensitive project expertise, short timeline knowledge, and internal/external business strategy to IT and leadership with proven resolutions.
- CTOs are weighed down with hiring and team management and are drained by providing non-technical employees with a scientific understanding of hardware.
- Hindrance with supporting all reporting activities and having knowledge of networks, know-how sustaining various systems, software and can provide the right functionality and architecture by suggesting improvements to IT initiatives.
- They have specialized, technological understanding for all high level IT projects that put additional pressure on the CTO.
- Utilizing an IT consulting firm takes the workload off the CIO and CTO.
- The stress on leaders and executes to provide knowledge, competencies with various operating systems and databases puts so much pressure on leaders to solve problems quickly.
- IT consulting agencies do everything that a CTO and CIO can do by proving the framework for workable solutions, expertise, and knowledge.
Perform Financial Review / Create Technical Analysis Plan
- Lowering disposable income by balancing the budget must occur, and revenue and expenses must be equal as budgeting processing and conducting financial analysis and valuation must take place.
- The strategic financial analysis measures any strategy that will impact business performance and the value of that occurrence for strategic management.
- Utilizing big picture objectives, creating realistic tactics, and analyzing ways to achieve corporate goals.
- Evaluating costs, pricing analysis, cash flow, staffing, projects, reviewing historical trends, past successes, past performance from earnings to profit margin analysis.
- Reviewing high-performing sectors and conducting a top-down or bottom-up approach from past to future performance to financial health, supply and demand, and products and services offered.
Due to the Decline in Spending
Companies face uncertain times and real challenges during a downturn from freezing open requisitions for full-time hires, cutting back on capital expenditure to halting continuous improvement plans.
The expansion of outsourcing and subcontracting out the business activities from staffing, recruitment, compensation, benefits administration to talent acquisition is now board-room discussions.
- For managers, trying to stay afloat as they are desperately trying to keep operations going – layoffs, furloughs and reduced hours have hit the workforce.
- Contracting out staffing and HR operations is the topic of conversation from compliance and project management to cutting wasteful spending, paying off debts and saving by opting-out of direct hires.
Managers are now asked to submit a list of the people they are willing to let go, and employers are putting pressure on the leadership to quickly find new candidates at half the cost of a full-time employee.
- Controlling expenses and collective action are now front, and center with many organizations at a crossroads as revenue falls – expenditures rise, causing debit, shortage, and scarcity or, in other words, “budget deficit” problems. Effective risk management from identifying, evaluating, and prioritizing the risks.
- The decline in the economy creates limited income within consumers resulting in inadequate consumption behaviors by the customer.
- Budget cuts are daily disruptions – eliminating non-essential expenses, cutting interns, and competitive benchmark analysis are day-by-day strategies begin within departments.
- Trimming the financial fat by streamlining and getting rid of anything that is not beneficial to the business. Removing the multi-layers of management and under-utilized resources to going paperless, outsourcing to independent contractors, automating processes, remote jobs, and removing the office location entirely too mobile working.
Companies look to staffing agencies for answers, help, and support – as short-term assignments, six-month contracts, and a handful of long-term positions (up to one-year) based on the requirement and immediacy have hit all industries.
What You Need To Know – When Choosing Your Staffing Partner/IT Firm
When hiring an IT consulting firm or Staffing agency, it is imperative that the recruiter and consultant excel at communication, have a large network, and have the best project management skills. If the recruiter and consultant are well-versed and knowledgeable in various software platforms and hardware, that is a total plus in addition to the agency bringing a sense of trust and calm to your team, while supporting the business objectives, initiatives, and executive needs.
Business consultants need to be understandable and transparent in their communication since it has a profound effect on workplace efficiency and productivity. Increases team commitment, drive, and morale as it helps to have a positive exchange of ideas and a good interaction with teams, leaders, and other groups of off-site consultants.
Your agency must have the ability to build rapport, be truthful with business etiquette, and socially engaging. Having a solid reputation, good track record, and stays composed during stressful meetings or missed deadlines. Your consultant needs to be “always ready” to talk or discuss anything at a moment’s notice, as being emotionally vested in your organization’s success. Ensure traveling to your office or facility is not an issue for anyone on the agency’s team.
Every consulting firm and staffing agency should do what they say with great follow-through on every assignment and task. Professionalism, courtesy, and offering to help your team in any way, allow for confidence and a strong, reliable partnership to be built. Assignments, project timelines, and business parameters are handled with care, composure, and coolness.
Must-Have Attributes Staffing/IT Business Consultant Should Possess
- People-skills and excellent communicators
- Be well-versed on various industries, knowledgeable in market analysis
- Be able to speak clearly, excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Work effectively in a team environment and with your teams
- Experience in analytical tools and have an analytical mind-set
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Expertise in project management received ongoing training and certification
- Educated on analytical software such as Google Analytics
- Marketing automation technologies
- Database marketing or campaign management tools
- Work experience in marketing analytics, brand development
- Database training on various programs
- Superior coding, design and infrastructure capabilities
- Familiarity with relational database platforms
- Highly innovative, adaptable and configurable in software solutions
- Knowledge of algorithms and how they can aid in decision-making
- Technical understanding of APIs, web services and Message Queues
- Write functional specification documentation using client business requirements
- Trained in design and implementing business solutions from analyzing data, workflows, and business rules.
- Proficient in scoping, gathering business, technology needs, and team requirements for designing.
- Understand how to gather information on processes and specifications for devising a business plan, office solution, and future growth.
- Expert knowledge, good listening skills, good judgment, and time management are extremely important since there will be multiple responsibilities.
- If your consultant can describe in detail about the project and how it complements the company image by voicing
Staffing Agencies Offer
- Full-service staffing to short assignments, six-month or long-term positions up to one-year.
- Custom staffing solutions to deploying resources for the client organization.
- IT Outsourcing, Engineering, and Architecture and Web Development.
- Digital Marketing, Mobile Apps Development, and Content Writing.
- Data Entry, Virtual Assistant Application, Multimedia, and Animation.
- Legal, Financial Management, Account Processing
- Human Resource Activities, Recruitment
- Website Development, Graphic Design and IT Technical Support
Traditional “Staffing Models”
All are participating, and partnering companies compete for the brightest and sharpest minds in the business as they battle for the best candidate. Services are placement, temp, temp-to-hire, long-term. The staffing partner abides by the clients hiring standards and takes the time to understand the goals, needs, and client’s business and industry. The staffing partner uses a streamline and simplified recruitment process.
- Gets paid a fee by hiring company
- Offers a list of potential candidates
- Does the vetting of chosen applicants
- Well-Built Partnership
- Top and Distinctive Talent
- Offers expertise, knowledge, and direction
- Recruits, screens, and hires
- Established partnership
- Has a need, gap in work or department requirement
- Increases new ideas, retention, unbiased opinions
- More resources, tools, and services are now available.
- Improves Operations
- High Productivity & Increased Performance
- Access to a wide network of talented people
- Better Time Management, Cost-Saving
- Removes burden/pressure off the hiring manager
Staffing Recruitment Process and Project Planning
- Conception and Initiation
- Gets details of project, skills, experience
- Educates on the job with a detailed description
- Encompasses hiring/recruitment knowledge
- Learns about the hiring company
- Knows many occupational industries
- Establishes timeline
- Builds forecasting/deliverables
- Research Candidates
- Searches through online employment databases
- Uses LinkedIn to find candidates
- Networks with inactive/active candidates
- Cultivates interest to increase the pool of talent
- Keeps communication open/active
- Setting up calls with potential talent
- Video chats
- Emails sent out
- Vetting occurs
- Schedules meetings
- With client to discuss possible candidates
- Eliminates applicants
- Choices are made about the candidates
- Makes Necessary Arrangements
- Planning the Next Steps in Hiring
- 1st and 2nd interviews
- Cross-examines the selected applicants
- Offers are made to top talent
- Helps organize a training program
- Project Close
- Or until a replacement is needed
There is an assumption in 99% of the hiring cases by the IT staffing firm deems the project done, and their job is done (less invoice/collect money). However, let us consider for a moment the IT staffing agency took all the responsibility from training, benefits, and resources and freed up your IT management team to have the ability to focus on deliverables, instead of hand-holding the new hire.
That’s liberating and beneficial with more productivity and work performance. Due to poor communication and limited instructions to the IT staffing agency, many hours, resources, and time is spent finding and vetting new candidates.